Physical Therapy Specialist that Accepts Medicare in Huntington Beach CA
Medicare covers physical therapy at REPAIR SI Physical Therapy that is considered medically necessary to address an accident or sickness, including the management of chronic disorders. We are conveniently located at 7146 Edinger Ave, Huntington Beach, CA 92647. For more information, please contact us or request an appointment online.
Table of Contents:
What percentage of physical therapy does Medicare cover?
Do you need a referral to see a physical therapist in Huntington Beach CA?
How much is physical therapy in Huntington Beach CA without insurance?
How do I set up a physical therapy appointment with Medicare?
Medicare covers a certain percentage of physical therapy costs, depending on the type of therapy and your specific condition and treatment needs. In general, Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) covers physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech-language pathology services as long as they are considered medically necessary. In most cases, patients are required to pay a 20% coinsurance for these services. Medicare Part B will then cover the remaining 80% of the cost. In 2023, Medicare will cover physical therapy sessions without a therapy cap, approving up to $2,150 in physical therapy costs annually.
In addition, some patients may be eligible for additional coverage for physical therapy costs under Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) or Medicare Part C, which is also referred to as “Medicare Advantage Plans.” It is best to check with Medicare or your insurance provider to get an accurate coverage amount for your physical therapy needs.
In most cases, a referral from a physician is not required to see a physical therapist in California and many other locations in the United States. Physical therapists are considered direct access providers, which means that patients can see them directly without requiring a referral from their primary care physician. However, it is best to inquire about referral requirements with your insurance company to ensure your care will be covered. It’s always advised to check with your insurance provider to understand their specific requirements and avoid unexpected costs.
In summary, there are some states that have laws that regulate the scope of practice of physical therapy, which may require a referral from a physician or other healthcare professional. California is not one of those states. In California, patients have direct access to physical therapy services with or without a referral from a physician, though it is always recommended to review your policy before your treatment commences. At REPAIR Sports Institute, our team of specialists is readily available to provide you with top-quality treatment.
The cost of physical therapy can vary depending on factors such as the type of therapy you need, and the therapist’s qualifications and experience. In California, the cost of physical therapy can range from about $75 to $250 per session without insurance. Without insurance, you may be responsible for paying the full cost of physical therapy out of pocket. At times, some physical therapy clinics may accept payment plans to make the cost more manageable for patients who are unable to pay the full fee.
In addition, it is advised that you reach out to the clinic to get an estimate of the cost of the treatment you are seeking. It is recommended that you consult your therapist in advance, to understand what the cost of treatment will be, what the length of your treatment will be, and whether any payment options are available to help reduce the cost.
To set up a physical therapy appointment and have it covered by Medicare, it is important to ensure that the physical therapy clinic accepts your insurance policy. At REPAIR Sports Institute, we accept Medicare and will work with you to design a treatment plan that suits your needs and ensures maximum benefits from your insurance coverage. Medicare provides both direct billing and incident-to-billing options. At our clinic, we can file documentation on your behalf to Medicare. If you require incident-to-billing, we will assist you in gathering the information and documentation to do so. At the time of your treatment, you will be provided with the appropriate paperwork to file and finalize your medical insurance claim. If you have questions or concerns about this process, our team of professionals is here to provide support promptly.
We provide tailored physical therapy exams, patient education, and therapies to aid in healing, function recovery, and physical performance. We are conveniently located at 7146 Edinger Ave, Huntington Beach, CA 92647. For more information, please contact us or request an appointment online. We serve patients from Huntington Beach CA, Fountain Valley CA, Westminster CA, Costa Mesa CA, Newport Beach CA, Midway City CA, and surrounding areas.